An Independent Family-Owned Newspaper
Follow us on:
Subscribe to our RSS News Feed
National Smile Month
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
TPR DENTAL PROSTHETICS LTD
Same Day Denture Repairs
TPR Dental Prosthetics Limited is an independent dental laboratory that has been established for over 20 years, the last 10 of which has been in West Street, Tavistock. Owner, Tim Reece RDT has recently secured a place at the national finals of the industry awards, Mastertech 2012. Tim enjoys working for clients both across the South of England and locally in Devon and Cornwall. The main focus of TPR Dental is working in partnership with dental surgeries to create new prosthetic appliances including implant cases.
However, Tim also provides a valuable local service of Same Day Denture Repairs open to the public. This service can limit the uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing experience of being without your denture for too long. You can leave your denture with Tim safe in the knowledge that the repair will restore your smile and be finished to a very high standard.
HARWOOD DENTAL PRACTICE
Dentistry for Adults and NHS for children
Established over 20 years ago in Watts Road, Harwood Dental Practice is a mixed dental practice providing private dentistry for adults and NHS for children. The practice is managed by Magdalena Laskowska, GDC 85287 who is supported by her experienced team offering services which include:
• General dentistry
• Family dental care
• Hygiene and dental therapy
• Fibre reinforced restorations
We understand that dental treatment can be a large financial commitment so to help spread the costs we will be introducing a monthly payment plan for our patients. Because it is not always convenient to take time off work to visit the dentist, we are open until 7pm on Mondays and Thursdays, until 8pm on Wednesdays and alternate Saturdays.
To make an appointment, or to simply find out more about our services, please speak to one of our lovely receptionists on 01822 615 694.
CHAGFORD DENTAL PRACTICE
Chagford Dental Practice is gearing up for National Smile Month 2012 by offering a range of activities throughout the entire month.
Organised by the UK’s leading oral health charity, the British Dental Health Foundation, National Smile Month will take place between May 20 and June 20 in 2012. The campaign promotes three key messages, all of which go a long way to improve oral health in the UK.
• Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with fluoride toothpaste;
• Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks;
• Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
Dr Simon Channing co- owner of Chagford Dental Practice says, “National Smile Month is a great opportunity for our practice to help raise awareness of oral health. We will be actively participating by going out and about in Chagford during many of the lunchtimes throughout National Smile Month - handing out goodies and stickers as well as be available to answer any oral health related queries. ” Other activities at Chagford Dental Practice during National Smile Month include - any New Patients who join the practice during National Smile Month will receive 10% off their initial examination fee.
All check-ups for children will be free of charge during half term week which runs within National Smile Month. Further enquiries and information is available from Chagford Dental Practice who can be contacted on 01647 432224
FACTS & FIGURES
* Clean between your teeth with interdental brushes or floss at least once a day;
* Chew sugar-free gum in between meals to help protect your teeth throughout the day;
* If you wear dentures, clean them twice a day.
* Nearly one in ten people in the UK aren’t registered with a dentist.
* One person in 10 is unaware of the threat of mouth cancer.
* Poor dental health has been linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
* Direct links have been established between bacteria in the mouth and heart attacks.
* One third of people in Britain still only brush their teeth once a day, or less.
Copyright Tindle Newspapers Ltd Friday, 06 December 2013
Sir Ray Tindle
Something to sell?