House fire in Chagford early this morning

By Contributor   |   Supplied Content   |
Friday 4th February 2022 10:46 am
@https://twitter.com/tavistocktimes
[email protected]
Share

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

The fire service were called to a domestic property in Chagford at 12.36am this morning.

The property fire occurred single storey annex of a detached building. It originated from a small log store shed next to the property and was extinguished using two hose reel jets, a fog spike (a lancing device that can spray water between cavity walls), a thermal imaging camera and four officers wearing breathing apparatus. Fire crews left the scene at 2.14am.

Fifty per cent of the property was damaged by fire to the roof (of the annex) and further 10 per cent of the property was damaged by smoke.

The cause is believed to be accidental.

More About:

Share

Comments

To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0